Yes! Another week down. I'm so excited to have made it through this week. I've made my peace with level 2 and we aren't enemies any more. Don't get me wrong, I still find this level extremely challenging, but I'm slowing seeing my endurance and strength increasing and that feels great. Guess what else, I conquered those walk-out-push-ups. Yep, yay me! Again, I'm not advanced or anything, but I can complete them. What's crazy is that making it through those two sets of push-ups gives me the confidence to move on to the next challenge (squat thrusts) and the next... So basically that's how I make it through level 2, one exercise at a time. And right now, I'm okay with that.
Another positive about this week, I didn't dread the workout as much. I can't yet say I love working out again, but I enjoy how I feel afterwards. I feel like I'm doing something good for my body. I haven't really changed my diet, so I don't look any fitter (although my mama said she thought I looked better, but I'm not completely sure she isn't just saying that because she's my mama), but I feel healthier. I wore a little dress to church on Sunday and I felt cute. Forgive me for tooting my own horn, but you know you have days when you feel good in your clothes and nobody has to tell you, because you already know? Well I had one of those days. I felt comfortable and confident in my dress. I actually was a little too confident, because Hannah and I jumped and danced so much during praise & worship that I broke a sweat. It was then that I remembered my (sweaty) thighs still rub together, and I'm not that cute. lol
As far as my goals from last week, I give myself a B. I did accomplish my goal of making it through the level 2 workout without feeling like I was going to be sick or pass out. Giving up dessert was a different story. I was all mentally prepared to give up dessert on September 1. As I was making dinner Quarter informs me that he already has dessert for us. He said he got it the day before but forgot to bring it in. It was a yummy chocolate chip cookie that I chose not to refuse. I came up with a new plan to have cheat days. That was my first cheat day...lol. My second was today--a holiday. Once I get going, I'll probably cheat on the weekends, but giving up dessert completely isn't realistic for me right now.
My goal for this week is just to stick to it. Period.
I'm curious to see how the other ladies are doing. Click here for Kensya's recap.
I've moved!
-
When I started this blog I spent all this time figuring out what to call
it. I settled on "and a mom" because - at the time - I didn't want to be
JUST a mo...
12 years ago
2 comments:
Brandy - you are doing awesome my friend. I'm sure you looked REAL cute! lol on breaking a sweat...but yet another indication that you are becoming more fit!
keep at it! yay you!
LOL @ breaking a sweat thinking you were cute. Too funny (and I'm sure you were cute)! Great job sticking with it!
Post a Comment