Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

30 Day Shred: Day 1

I've been talking about how I want to get back into shape. Well Hope has challenged me to put up or shut up. She didn't say it like that at all. She actually just invited me to join her in blogging about my progress. So not only am I accountable to her, and two other ladies, now I'm accountable to you. So here goes...

(Oh by the way, 30 Day Shred is a Jillian Michaels' workout DVD. It's an excellent workout. She kicks your butt right into gear. I'm looking forward to getting back on the wagon.)

Day One: Hannah woke us up early squealing at the top of her lungs. Why? Because this is the day the Lord has made and she will rejoice and be glad in it...of course.  As I'm feeding her with my eyes close, and dreaming about getting back in the bed, I remember I have to workout today. It takes a cup of coffee and a donut stick, to help me open my eyes wide. After I get Hannah down for her morning nap, I hurry to get my workout in while I'm still motivated.

I started with Level 1, doing the modified version of all the exercises and using three pound weights. From experience I know I have to start slow. By the time I reached the half-way point, I felt good. Once the workout was over, I felt great. I congratulated myself on taking the first step to getting back on track.

My goals are simple:

  • feel healthier and stronger
  • feel more confident and comfortable in my clothes 
  • have more energy to help me chase around this busy one year old living in my house 
  • get back to the place where I'm exercising regularly 
And now I'm really going to put myself out there and post a "before" picture. 




You can join us or just follow our progress. Head over here to read about Hope's first day.

3 comments:

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

yay! you look so cute! and i'm so glad you are doing this with me!!! love ya chica. i failed to post a pic seeing as though i still have on my work gear...but i will try to take one tonight or tomorrow.

G K said...

Okay.

#1 - You're adorable.
#2 - You're better than me. By the time I reached the halfway point, I thought I was THIS CLOSE to passing out. Ha!

So glad you're doing this with us. And I love your goals. :)

Kensya said...

I'm with you Gerri! I thought I was going to die, HAha!

Your little Hannah screaming and your take on it is so loving...too cute!

Good luck this week!

Post a Comment