Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Parents' Weekend Out

Last weekend Quarter and I took a trip to Eureka Springs. It was our first time getting away alone, since Hannah was born. It was my first time going a whole day without seeing my baby girl. Quarter was understanding and wiling to make it a family trip if I wasn't emotionally ready to spend the night away from Hannah. I knew it would be hard, but I know it's important to investment time in our relationship. Plus it would benefit everyone if I got a vacation. I picked a weekend 3 weeks out, so I had plenty time to plan and pray. When the day came, I felt nervous, but ready. I knew we would have a good time and Hannah would be just fine. She would be hanging with Mimi & Granddad and having a blast.

It was so much fun to get away. We rented a little cottage and just hung out for the weekend. We both were able to rest and recharge. Of course, we thought of Hannah often, but we knew she was okay. I was so at peace, and maybe a bit exhausted, that I slept soundly. When I would wake up and think about checking on Hannah, I would simply say a prayer for her and go back to sleep. It was a strange feeling to wake up to an actual alarm clock and not Hannah, but I got used to it.

I was excited when it was time to go pick Hannah up. We missed her so much. I'm grateful that we had the time away and I'm grateful that Mimi & Granddad took such good care of our sweet girl.





0 comments:

Post a Comment