We had been cooped up in the house for almost two weeks. We were bored and restless. The kids had been fighting off cold symptoms, so we stayed in the house. I wanted them to get the rest they needed. Plus I didn't want to share or pick up any germs. When they finally started feeling better, the weather got yucky. So here we were still in the house and not happy about it. I got the bright idea to build a fort. In my mind, it seemed simple enough. In reality, it's not as simple as the plans in my head. Took me a little while, my first assistant (Hannah) enjoyed tearing it down. Poppa came in to help, and finally we had a decent fort. Again the idea of a fort is fun in theory, but after you've crawled through a few times, then what? Hannah decided to play on the iPad. Somehow we were still bored. We had the fireplace on and it was dim in the fort. Seemed perfect for a nap. But they weren't that bored. We did eventually get out and run a quick errand. Our fort stayed up all day and it was a fun adventure, just not as fun as getting out of the house.
I've moved!
-
When I started this blog I spent all this time figuring out what to call
it. I settled on "and a mom" because - at the time - I didn't want to be
JUST a mo...
12 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment