Hooray for books! We like books at our house. Hannah and I go to story-time at the library every week. I'm not sure she enjoys the stories as much as she enjoys the social time. This week, she even felt comfortable enough to get down on the floor with the other kids. (She's normally one of the youngest there, so she stays safely in Mommy's lap.)
Hannah likes when we read to her, she like books with funny sounding words. She likes the "lift the flap" books. She likes the pictures. But what she really likes is how they taste. She's gnawed on nearly all her books. Poppa even let her "play" with the phone book. (After her taste test, she tore out quite a few pages. Because that's fun too and hard to do with board books.)
We are also participating in the summer reading program. We check out books weekly and we are on track to get the prize. Yay! Hope, a photographer extraordinaire, captured Hannah and I at the library one Friday. She managed to catch a moment when Hannah was sitting still. I honestly don't recall that moment. It was an interesting story, so I'm glad to know she heard some of it. ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment